Full time position –Southend, SK
Closing Date: November 29, 2023
Under the supervision of the Maintenance Supervisor, the Building Maintenance Worker is responsible for maintaining PBCFSI buildings in PBCFSI communities to ensure the PBCFSI buildings and facilities have safe work environments.
The Building Maintenance Worker is responsible for:
- Performing preventative and predictive maintenance on buildings, facilities and vehicles
- Conducting routine, non-licensed inspections of facilities including fire equipment and furnaces
- Perform routine maintenance and minor repairs to buildings and facilities including carpentry and painting
- Maintaining inventory control over equipment and supplies
- Maintaining building maintenance logs and records
- Performing other duties as required from time to time
The ideal candidate should have the following minimum qualifications:
- (Either of the Following) Journeymen in Carpentry, Electrician, Plumbing or equivalent
- Combination of education and experience with a diploma and/or trade in Carpentry, with three years maintenance experience.
- Knowledge of building construction and maintenance procedures
- Knowledge of plumbing, electrical and mechanical systems
- Knowledge of inspection procedures
- Knowledge of workplace safety requirements and procedures
- Superior written and oral communication skills, excellent interpersonal and personal management skills, as well as problem solving and decision-making skills
- Must have computer skills and be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Must be able to travel to PBCN communities as required
- A satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check
- Must provide proof of training (degrees, certificates and diplomas)
- Must have a valid driver´s license
- Must be willing to undertake a drug test
* Please be reminded that PBCFSI will only consider applications which include a Resume, CPIC, Vulnerable Sector Check, and 3 most recent professional written references. Applicants with missing documentation will not be considered for open positions. Please send complete applications to:
Human Resources Department
Attn: Larissa Clarke, HR Manager
Peter Ballantyne Child & Family Services Inc.
Box 158 Prince Albert, SK S6V 5R5
Fax: (306) 953-4414 ~ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or apply online at https://www.pbcfs.net/careers/
- We would like to thank all candidates for applying, however only those who qualify will be contacted.