Closing Date: November 28, 2023
Peter Ballantyne Child & Family Services Inc. is accepting applications for the position of one (1) casual Reception/Janitor for the Pelican Narrows Child & Family Services Office. The Casual Reception/Janitor will report to the Program Supervisor.
The janitor will cover the duties as listed below:
- Performing a variety of clerical duties to ensure effective and efficient delivery of services for PBCFSI.
- Maintaining a courteous working relationship and liaison with staff, Board of Directors, PBCN membership and clients; as well as other agencies.
- Completing assignments with minimum supervision.
- Providing the day to day clerical/receptionist duties as required.
- To perform daily cleaning functions, including vacuuming carpets, washing of floors, table counters, and maintaining clean offices.
- To ensure thorough cleaning at least quarterly – carpet cleaning, washing walls, windows both inside and out, etc.
- Cleaning of all areas and garbage disposal.
- Adheres to all Policies & Procedures as established by the Board.
- Carries other duties as assigned from time to time.
- Grade 12 or GED 12 or equivalent.
- Training and/or experience in the related field.
- Experience and willingness to perform janitorial work.
- Good oral and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Knowledge of sanitation principles, cleaning equipment operation, cleaning chemical usage, (eg. WHIMIS training)
- Maturity and Stability.
- *Satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Must have a working telephone at your house.
- Knowledge of the Cree culture, language, political and social objectives of Peter Ballantyne Cree Nation.
- Persons of First Nation’s Ancestry are encouraged to apply.
- Employment will be determined based on a satisfactory vulnerable sector check
* A completed Criminal Record Check must be attached with the Resume.
* Please be reminded that PBCFSI will only consider applications which include a Resume, CPIC, and 3 most recent professional references. Applicants with missing documentation will not be considered for open positions. Please send complete applications to:
Brent Olson – Human Resources Manager
Peter Ballantyne Child & Family Services Inc.
Box 158 Prince Albert, SK S6V 5R5
Fax: (306) 953-4414 ~ Email: email@example.com
Or apply online at www.pbcfs.net/careers
We would like to thank all candidates for applying, however only those who qualify will be contacted.