Prince Albert Single Parent Home
One (1) Full Time Parent Mentor Worker
Closing Date: September 30, 2022
Peter Ballantyne Child & Family Services Inc. is accepting applications for the position of One (1) Full Time Parent Mentor Worker for the Prince Albert Single Parent Home.
The Parent Mentor Worker will cover the following required job duties:
The Parent Mentor is responsible for:
- Carrying out the functions, requirements, facility programing or terms of the treatment plan designed by the Resource Programs Manager.
- Provide mentorship, guidance and assist clients in independent living.
- Assist in mentoring and providing support in life skills development
- Supporting young parents towards building stronger families
- Promote positive parenting in the home
- Support in development of independent young families
- Transporting clients to appointments, school, trips, etc.
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with young adult clients, staff and partnering agencies
- Post-secondary education in the human services field, equivalent experience or a combination of both.
- Maturity and Stability; Demonstrate and practice a healthy lifestyle
- Commitment to protecting children.
- Willingness to participate in training; willingness to travel when required.
- Willingness to learn and work with high risk and special needs children.
- Willingness to do shift work including weekends and statutory holidays.
- Excellent written, oral communication and public speaking skills.
- Employment will be determined based on a satisfactory police record check.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Knowledge of the Cree culture, language, political and social objectives of Peter Ballantyne Cree Nation.
- Persons of First Nation’s Ancestry are encouraged to apply.
- Satisfactory CPIC
* Please be reminded that PBCFSI will only consider applications which include a Resume, CPIC, Vulnerable Sector Check and 3 most recent professional references. Applicants with missing documentation will not be considered for open positions. Please send complete applications to:
Larissa Clarke – Human Resources Manager
Peter Ballantyne Child & Family Services Inc.
Box 158 Prince Albert, SK S6V 5R5
Fax: (306) 953-4414 ~ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org