Prince Albert, SK.
Closing Date: November 29, 2023
Peter Ballantyne Child & Family Services Inc. is accepting applications for a Payroll Clerk in the Prince Albert office. Reporting to the Human Resource Manager, the Payroll Clerk will be responsible for a variety of tasks related to payroll in an effective and efficient manner to ensure accuracy and security.
- Processing weekly payroll for both hourly and salaried staff
- Ensuring proper deductions are made as required with respect to EI, Income Tax, group insurance premiums and pension plans
- Ensuring proper changes to salary rates are implement and maintained in a timely manner
- Data entry and personnel file management relating to personnel information
- Informing employees of vacation leave, time off in lieu (TOIL), short-term and long term leave as outlined in the PBCFSI Personnel Manual
- Assist in ongoing projects to improve current processes and functions
- Respond to employee and/or HR requests that relate to payroll
- Review and reconcile differences of payroll data between multiple systems.
- Processing ROE’s, T4’s, and CRA remittances
- Performs related clerical duties, such as word processing, maintaining the filing system, faxing and photocopying.
- Performs other related duties as required.
- Business Administration Diploma with 2 years minimum related experience.
- Knowledge of the Woodland Cree culture & language and the political and social objectives of First Nations.
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Knowledge of payroll legislation.
- Demonstrated team building skills and time management skills.
- Proficiency in computer skills and demonstrated ability in working with Sage 300, MS Excel, Outlook, Word & AIS at all times.
- Ability to deal with public and clients in a cordial and respectful manner, and to maintain confidentiality.
- *Satisfactory Criminal Record Check and vulnerable Sector Check
* Please be reminded that PBCFSI will only consider applications which include a Resume, Vulnerable Sector Check, and 3 most recent professional references. Applicants with missing documentation will not be considered for open positions. Please send complete applications to:
Larissa Clarke, Human Resources Manager
Peter Ballantyne Child & Family Services Inc.
Phone: (306) 953-4410
Fax: (306) 953-4414~ Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Or Apply online at www.pbcfs.net/careers
We would like to thank all candidates for applying, however only those who qualify will be contacted