MENTAL HEALTH THERAPIST
Two (2) FULL TIME POSITION – PRINCE ALBERT MAIN OFFICE/THERAPEUTIC GROUP CARE
Closing Date: December 2, 2022
Peter Ballantyne Child & Family Services Inc. is accepting applications for Two (2) Full Time Mental Health Therapists for the PBCFSI office in Prince Albert. These positions will work collectively to provide PBCFSI mental health services in all PBCN communities and Therapeutic Group Care Facilities.
Reporting to the Executive Director, the Mental Health Therapist is responsible for providing mental health assessments, therapy, and counseling and holistic services to young adults, adolescents, and families experiencing mental health issues, communication challenges, or family conflict.
Therapist is specifically accountable for:
- Ensuring mental health legislation, standards and guidelines are being followed and the child’s best interests are paramount
- Providing counseling sessions which may include one-to-one, group therapy, or sessions involving family members.
- Working with staff/clients dealing with such issues as stress, grief, addiction, depression or conflict.
- May also work with patients who have special needs
- Conducting interviews, testing and risk assessment sessions with patients in order to evaluate their mental condition and formulate a treatment plan
- Assisting clients with attaining resources that fit their needs
- Work with individuals, groups and communities to improve mental health
- Encourage clients to discuss emotions and experiences
- Examine issues including substance abuse, aging, bullying, anger management, careers, depression, relationships, self-image, stress and suicide
- Help clients define goals, plan action and gain insight
- Completed a Diploma and or Degree in counseling, psychology, sociology or social work and five years of related child and family services agency experience along with provincial mental health licensing
- Must be registered mental health therapist
- Knowledge in needs and risk assessment, family dynamics, impact of trauma, psycho-social functioning theories and practices and child protection theories, models and practices
- Must have mediation, negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- Must lead a mature, stable and healthy lifestyle.
- Commitment to working with families.
- Willingness to participate in on-going training as well as travel to all PBCN communities
- Knowledge of Woodland Cree language, culture and the political and social objectives of PBCN
- Persons of First Nation’s Ancestry are encouraged to apply.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- *Satisfactory Criminal Record Check and Vulnerable Sector Check*
* Please be reminded that PBCFSI will only consider applications which include a Resume, CPIC, and 3 most recent professional references. Applicants with missing documentation will not be considered for open positions. Please send complete applications to:
Brent Olson – Human Resources Manager Peter Ballantyne Child & Family Services Inc.
Toll Free: 1-800-365-9257 ~ Phone: (306) 953-4410Fax: (306) 953-4414 ~ Email: email@example.com